Conference: Analytical problems in conformal geometry and applications
Dates and Location
- The conference will take place during the week September 17-21, 2018 at the University of Regensburg
- Download the poster!
- Please note that in the week before this workshop, the Workshop: Special Metrics and Symmetries on Complex Manifolds takes place at the same location. Talks will be held in H 31, registration and coffee breaks in M 102.
Aims and Scope
The main subject of the conference is the analysis of conformally invariant partial differential equations such as the Yamabe equation, and related fields in general relativity and geometry, such as Einstein manifolds, positive mass theorem, initial data sets in general relativity or more generally Lorentzian geometry.
- Bettiol, Renato G.
- Botvinnik, Boris
- Carron, Gilles
- Dahl, Mattias
- de Lima, Levi Lopes
- Futaki, Akito
- Große, Nadine
- Gursky, Matthew J.
- Hein, Hans-Joachim (canceled)
- Herzlich, Marc
- Humbert, Emmanuel
- Kazaras, Demetre
- Kröncke, Klaus
- Lohkamp, Joachim
- Matsumoto, Yoshihiko
- Mondello, Ilaria
- Petean, Jimmy
- Piccione, Paolo (canceled)
- Ruiz, Juan Miguel
- Santoro, Bianca (canceled)
- Tadano, Homare
- Xu, Tian
- Kazuo Akutagawa, Chuo University and Tokyo Tech (Professor Emeritus), Tokyo
- Bernd Ammann
- Clara Löh
- Nobuhiko Otoba
The schedule of the conference can be found here
The registration will take place on Monday from 9:00 to 9:30 am in the seminar room M 102 and the first talk will start afterwards at 9:30 am in lecture hall H 31.
The workshop will end on Friday at 12:00 pm.
An excursion is planed for Wednesday afternoon starting at 12:30 pm.
We kindly ask interested participants to register here. We will encourage registered PhD students and postdocs to present a poster. For this, you need not bring your poster by yourself; we will print it after receiving the pdf file.
- City of Regensburg: Regensburg is a Unesco World Heritage site that is famous for its well preserved medieval city center and its beautiful Gothic cathedral. Further information can be found here.
- ACCOMMODATION: A block of hotel rooms is reserverd at Hotel IBIS and Hotel Star Inn for the participants of the workshop. Participants will need to book and pay for their own accommodation. Please use promotion code 58.956 (Hotel IBIS) or promotion code Uni (Hotel Star Inn) when making a reservation. Rooms can be booked until 17th of August 2018. All pre-PhD participants requesting financial support should request a shared room. Regensburg is a tourist destination, so we encourage guests to book their rooms as early as possible.
- TRAVEL: One can reach the university by following the instructions here.