Summer school: Gauge Theory and Applications
Regensburg as seen from the island "Oberer Wöhrd"
Dates and Location
The summer school takes place at the University of Regensburg from July 17th to 20th 2018.
The summer school is organized by Bernd Ammann, Stefan Friedl, and Raphael Zentner. It is followed by a conference the week after.
The summer school will focus on gauge theory and its geometric and topological applications, with an emphasis on monopole and instanton gauge theory.
The preliminary list of speakers who will provide mini-courses is:
- Francesco Lin (Princeton)
- Tomasz Mrowka (MIT)
- Nikolai Saveliev (Miami)
- Steven Sivek (Imperial College London)
Registration page If you intend to participate both in the conference and the summer school, it is enough to fill out the registration form for the conference only.
The deadline for application for financial support is April 30th.
A limited amount of financial support is available, especially to support junior participants.
- City of Regensburg: Regensburg is a Unesco World Heritage site that is famous for its well preserved medieval city center and its beautiful Gothic cathedral. Further information can be found here.
- ACCOMMODATION: A block of hotel rooms is reserverd at Hotel IBIS and Hotel Star Inn for the participants of the workshop. Participants will need to book and pay for their own accommodation (if they will receive financial support they will be reimbursed later). Please use promotion code 58893 (Hotel IBIS) or promotion code Universität (Hotel Star Inn) when making a reservation. Rooms can be booked until 4th of June 2018 (Hotel IBIS), resp. 16th of June 2018 (Hotel Star Inn). All pre-PhD participants requesting financial support should request a shared room. Regensburg is a tourist destination, so we encourage guests to book their rooms as early as possible.
- TRAVEL: One can reach the university by following the instructions here.
If you wish to contact the organizers, please send an email to email@example.com