Summer School on Algebraic K-theory and Trace Methods
Dates and Location
The summer school will take place during the week August 3-7, 2015 at the Universität Regensburg in the biology wing lecture hall H51.
Aims and Scope
The aim of this summer school is to familiarize PhD students and young researchers with trace methods in algebraic K-theory as well as to present some recent advancements in the field.
The activity will consist of 2 four-part lecture series as well as a series of invited lectures. There will also be opportunities for junior participants to make short presentations.
- Topological Hochschild homology and periodicity by Lars Hesselholt (Nagoya University/University of Copenhagen)
- Trace methods in K-theory by Charles Weibel (Rutgers University)
There will be invited lectures by:
- On the rational algebraic K-theory of S-algebras by Christian Ausoni (University of Paris XIII)
- The homotopy theory of cyclotomic spectra and the norm by Andrew Blumberg (University of Texas, Austin)
- Localization sequences and trace maps David Gepner (Purdue University)
- Logarithmic topological Hochschild homology by Steffen Sagave (University of Bonn)
The application deadline for financial support has past, but registration remains open.
Please fill out the registration form.
MAP: Points of Interest.
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Local bus system. There are many useful buses typically, but the 6 will suffice for getting to and from the city center and the conference hall (nearest stops are either 'An der Kreuzbreite' or 'Neuprull'). There should be signs pointing to the lecture hall. One can also walk from the 'Universitat' bus stop, which is better served by the bus system. The above maps may prove helpful.
ACCOMMODATION: Conference participants will be expected to make their own arrangements. Those receiving financial support have been contacted with additional instructions.
Regensburg is a tourist destination and August is high season, so we encourage guests to book their rooms as early as possible. Here is a list of the standard hotels which we recommend:
1. Hotel Kaiserhof am Dom (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
2. Hotel Apollo (Near the conference, but limited eating options.)
3. Hotel Jakob (In the center, must take a bus to the University.)
4. Hotel Central (In the city center, must take a bus to the University.)
One can also check the standard alternatives:
- TRAVEL: In order to reach the university kindly follow the instructions here.
- INTERNET: Access to eduroam is available throughout the mathematics building. For those without eduroam access we will obtain a temporary guest account through the university.
- VEGAN RESTAURANTS
- Justin Noel (Regensburg)
- Georgios Raptis (Regensburg)
- All lectures will take place in the biology wing, lecture hall H 51
- Registration and coffee breaks will be held nearby.
|09:30 - 10:00|| Registration and Coffee
in front of H51
|10:00 - 11:00||Weibel
|11:00 - 11:15||Coffee|
|11:15 - 12:15||Hesselholt
Group photo directly afterwards
|12:15 - 14:00||Lunch||END OF SCHOOL|
|14:00 - 15:00||Blumberg
|Excursion (Departure at 13:30!)||Sagave
|15:00 - 15:30||Coffee||Excursion||Coffee|
|15:30 - 16:30||Gepner
|16:30 - 16:45||Coffee||Excursion||Coffee|
|16:45 - 17:05||Merling||Rüschoff||Excursion||Geisser
|17:10 - 17:30||Ullmann||Yakerson||Excursion||Geisser|
|17:35 - 17:55||Malkiewich||Cancelled||Excursion||Geisser|
On Wednesday afternoon there will be a nature walk/hike to the Monastery Weltenburg, 'the oldest monastery-brewery in the world.' It has been in operation since 1050 and its 'dunkel' beer has won several awards.
We will meet at 13:30 at the university bus terminal to take a bus to Kelheim and then we will walk from there. The hike will be roughly 1.75 hours and runs partially along the Danube river and partially through the forest. Half of the walk will be flat and the second half will involve walking up a non-trivial hill. We will then take a ferry across the river to the monastery. Participants can then enjoy the monastery and the surrounding area and/or enjoy the biergarten.
For the return trip we will take a short, but beautiful, boat ride along the Danube back to Kelheim. We will meet at 17:20 before the boat dock. The boat leaves at 17:30. You must be on this boat! If you miss the boat please call one of the organizers and we will inform your next of kin. At the end of the conference we will have a brief moment of silence for those participants who failed to return from the excursion.
Once in Kelheim we will return by bus. The bus will stop at the Hotel Apollo and at the Hauptbahnhof. The expected return time will be 18:30-18:45.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent are recommended.
- Shoes appropriate for walking through the woods are recommended.
- You will need CASH for any purchases on the ferry or at the monastery/biergarten.
Registered Participants as of July 31st, 2015
- Arndt, Peter (Regensburg)
- Beckert, Falk (Wuppertal)
- Beshenov, Alexey (Bordeaux)
- Binda, Federico (Duisburg)
- Bubenzer, Paul (Münster)
- Bunke, Ulrich (Regensburg)
- Chen, Xin (Hamburg)
- Dahlhausen, Christian (Regensburg)
- Engel, Alexander (Regensburg)
- Ertl, Veronika (Regensburg)
- Gallauer, Martin (Univ. of Zurich)
- Gálvez Carrillo, Maria Immaculada (UPC)
- Geisser, Thomas (Rikkyo University)
- Glasman, Saul (MIT)
- Gritschacher, Simon (Oxford)
- Guliyev, Zaur (Univ. of Zurich)
- Guthrie, Laura (LSGNT)
- Guzman, Gabriela (Duisburg-Essen)
- Harris, Tom (Southampton)
- Haugseng, Rune (MPIM)
- Høgenhaven, Amalie (Copenhagen)
- Höning, Eva (Paris XIII)
- Horiuchi, Ryo (Copenhagen)
- Jackson, Artur (Purdue)
- Jahn, Thomas (LMU)
- Jin, Cao (Duisburg-Essen)
- Kjaer, Jens Jakob (Notre Dame)
- Kasprowski, Daniel (MPIM)
- Khan, Adeel (Duisburg-Essen)
- Konovalov, Andrei (HSE Moscow)
- Levikov, Filipp (Freie Univ. Berlin)
- Lind, John (Regensburg)
- Lopez-Avila, Alejo (Osnabrück)
- Mahanta, Snigdhayan (Regensburg)
- Maldonado, Osmar (Wien)
- Malkiewich, Cary (Illinois)
- Manh Toan, Nguyen (Duisburg-Essen)
- Mantovani, Lorenzo (Duisburg-Essen)
- Merling, Mona (Johns Hopkins)
- Nagel, Matthias (Regensburg)
- Naumann, Niko (Regensburg)
- Nguyen, Kim (Regensburg)
- Oesinghaus, Jakob (Zurich)
- Okay, Cihan (Western Ontario)
- Palacios, Joe (Liverpool)
- Patchkoria, Irakli (Copenhagen)
- Petit, Francois (Luxembourg)
- Pirashvili, Ilia (Leicester)
- Popa, Cristian-Ioan (Artois)
- Porta, Mauro (Florence)
- Prasma, Matan (Radboud Univ.)
- Quigley, James (Notre Dame)
- Raeder, Truls Bakkejord (NTNU)
- Raventós, Oriol (Regensburg)
- Rüschoff, Christian (Heidelberg)
- Sabonis, Deividas (TU Munich)
- Sadhu, Vivek (The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai)
- Schäppi, Daniel (Sheffield)
- Schrade, Christoph (Regensburg)
- Schulz, Julia (Hamburg)
- Seeliger, Nora (ANU)
- Shah, Jay (MIT)
- Sierra Murillo, Salvador (Freie Univ. Berlin)
- Stonek, Bruno (Paris 13)
- Strunk, Florian (Regensburg)
- Syed, Sabrina (Osnabrück)
- Tomas, Pavel (Independent University of Moscow)
- Tonks, Andrew (Leicester)
- Ullmann, Mark (Freie Univ. Berlin)
- Wang, Yi-Sheng (Freiburg)
- Wei, Rebecca (Northwestern)
- Wimmer, Christian (Bonn)
- Winges, Christoph (WWU Münster)
- van Woerden, Koen (Regensburg)
- Wu, Xiaolei (Freie Univ. Berlin)
- Wu, Yitao (Regensburg)
- Wutz, Franziska (Regensburg)
- Yakerson, Maria (Saint Petersburg State Univ.)
- Yamoul, Hicham (Casablanca)
- Yudin, Ivan (Coimbra)
- Zargar, Masoud (Princeton)
- Zeinalian, Mahmoud (LIU)
- Zhao, Yigeng (Regensburg)